To get MoneyGram Money Order Refund you need to fill up the cancelation form, pay a $18 fee then wait for the refund to process.
Have you bought a MoneyGram money order but do not need to use it? Then you must be looking for How to get MoneyGram money order refund?
Well, you are in the right place. In this post, I will provide a comprehensive guideline on MoneyGram money order refund. Apart from walking you through the complete MoneyGram money order refund process, I will also answer some of the related queries. So, stick here.
Can You Get A Refund For A MoneyGram Money Order?
Yes, you can get a refund for a MoneyGram money order only if the money order is not deposited or cashed yet.
Like other major money order issuers, MoneyGram also allows money order refunds. However, to get a full refund you need to cancel the money order within 30 minutes of issuing it. Otherwise, you will need to pay a processing fee.
Moreover, if the money order is somehow damaged or there are signs of alteration then you will not get any refund for the money order. On the other hand, you cannot get a refund for a money order that has already been cashed or deposited.
MoneyGram Money Order Refund
There can be 2 situations when you can get a MoneyGram money order refund. They are
- You have an unused MoneyGram money order.
- You have lost a MoneyGram money order.
Although, the process for getting a refund is the same for both. But the processing time will be different. First, let’s look at the requirements for a MoneyGram Money order refund
MoneyGram Money Order Refund Policy
Here are some of the policies and requirements for MoneyGram money order refund
- You have to pay a fee for canceling a money order older than 30 minutes.
- Only the purchaser of the money order can request a refund.
- If the money order is in your possession then the money order must be in good condition. Damaged or altered money order won’t be refunded.
- Chased or deposited money orders do not qualify for a refund.
- In case the money order is not in your possession then you must have the purchase slip.
- You will be required to show your ID for the refund process to start.
But what if you have lost the purchase slip? Can you get a MoneyGram money order refund without receipt?
MoneyGram Money Order Refund Without Receipt
In case you have lost the money order purchase receipt then you must provide the following information correctly to get a refund
- The money order Serial number
- The amount of the money order
- The date and time the money order was purchased
- The location where the money order was purchased
- The name of the sender and receiver
If you don’t have the above information then you can not get a refund.
How to Get MoneyGram Money Order Refund
Here is how you can get a MoneyGram Money order refund
- First, you need to cancel the money order ASAP if you have lost the money order.
- You can cancel the money order by filling out an online form, calling or by going to the agent you have purchased it from.
- After filling out the cancelation form you need to pay a $18 cancelation fee for the refund process to start.
- Once the investigation and refund process is completed, you will receive your refund.
Keep in mind that you need to fill out all the information correctly. Otherwise, your refund request can be denied.
Moneygram Money Order Refund Online Form
You can fill out the refund form online by visiting the MoneyGram Money Order refund page or you can download the MoneyGram money order refund form. After that fill it out and go to the nearest agent.
MoneyGram Money Order Refund Number
MoneyGram also allows you to cancel the money order by call. For that, you need to call the MoneyGram money order refund phone number which is 1-800-926-9400.
Track MoneyGram Money Order Refund
You can also track MoneyGram money order refund by visiting the MoneyrGam refund tracking page. However, the information on this page might not be accurate all the time. So, don’t get panicked if you see something unusual. Just call the customer service number for more details.
By now we have found out How to get a MoneyGram money order refund. Now, let’s look at some of the related queries.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions related to this topic.
How long does it take MoneyGram to refund money order?
Usually, a MoneyGram money order refund takes around 3-10 days if you have the money order is in your possession. On the other hand, if the money order is not in your possession then you might need to wait 60 days or more to get the refund.
How do I return a MoneyGram order?
You need to go to the agent, fill out a form, and pay a fee to return the money order. However, you can only return a money order if it has not been damaged or altered in any way.
Can you get a refund on an unused money order?
Yes, you can easily get a refund for an unused money order from any issuer. However, you will need to pay a cancelation fee and wait for a few days to get the refund. On the other hand, damaged or altered money orders are non-refundable by most issuers.
MoneyGram money orders are quite easy and fast to get a refund if you either have the money order or the money order purchase slip. So, always take a picture of the money order and preserve the money order purchase slip until it is cashed.