To Cash A Western Union Money order- go to a Western Union Branch, endorse the money order, show identification, and get the fund.
Did someone give you a Western Union money order? Then you might be wondering, how to cash a Western Union money order.
Well, worry no more. In this post, I will provide a guideline on how to cash a Western Union money order. Moreover, I will also mention different methods, requirements, and fees. So, stay here.
How To Cash A Western Union Money Order
Cashing a Western Union Money order is pretty straightforward. As they do not bounce so they are widely accepted by financial institutions. However, if you want to cash them for free then Western Union centers are your best bet.
Before we find out how to cash them first let’s look at the requirements.
Requirements For Cashing Western Union Money Orders
Here are a few requirements for cashing Western Union Money Orders
- Valid Government ID such as State ID, Driver’s license, and Passport.
- Money Order matching ID description.
That’s all it requires. However, if the money order is damaged then you might also require the purchase slip.
Here is how to cash a Western Union money order
- Go to the nearest Western Union Centre, Bank, credit union, or grocery store.
- Talk to the teller and they will provide a form.
- Fill up the form.
- Endorse the money order by signing in the back. Do not endorse the money order beforehand. Do it in front of the teller.
- Show your ID. The ID information must match the money order description. So, make sure the sender puts your information right.
- After a bit of checking, the teller will give you the money order fund.
Though, filling out a form is not required everywhere. However, some places might ask for it. In case you go to a bank or credit union then you might not get the money right away. Banks and grocery chains might ask you for extra fees. But Western Union centres won’t.
Moreover, some of them might even ask for your SSN or ITIN number. So, be prepared for that. But how do I cash my Western Union money order without a bank?
How To Cash A Western Union Money Order Without A Bank Account
You do not require a bank account to cash a money order. Even banks and credit unions cash Western Union money orders for non-account holders. However, they will charge a fee.
So, to cash a money order without a bank you can go to
- Western Union Centres
- Grocery Chains
- Check Cashing Shops
- Online Check cashing apps
Apart from Western Union centers, everyone will charge you a small fee for cashing a money order. So, go to a Western Union center for free cashing. Moreover, the process of cashing is similar in almost all methods except the online apps. So, How to cash a Western Union money order online?
How To Cash A Western Union Money Order Online
Cashing a Western Union money order online is similar to cashing a check online. Because money orders are treated equally as checks. Here is How to cash a Western Union money order online
- Open an Account in an online app that cashs Western Union money orders in your region.
- Verify your account using a valid ID.
- Link a mobile wallet or bank account.
- Navigate to the deposit section of the app and select money order.
- Enter the amount and details of the money order.
- Endorse the money order by signing at the back.
- Take pictures of both the front and back of the money order.
- Check if all the details are correct or not and match your ID.
- Lastly, hit submit and within a few hours the money will be added to your wallet.
Remember you must require a bank account or mobile wallet to cash a money order online. The process might slightly vary depending on your app. Western Union app will do it for free. But the service is not available in all regions. So, a good choice would be the Ingo Money app because it cash money order online instantly.
By now we have found out how to cash Western Union money order. Now, let’s look at some of the related queries.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions related to this topic.
Can I Cash A Western Union Money Order at The Post Office?
No, you can not cash a Western Union Money order at the post office. Because post offices only cash USPS money orders. They do not cash money orders from other issuers.
Can I deposit Western Union money order into ATM?
Yes, You can deposit a Western Union Money order into ATM. However, you have to have a bank account and your bank must accept ATM deposits of money orders.
Is a Western Union money order the same as cash?
No, cash and money orders are two different forms of payment. So, they are not the same. However, for sending money by mail money order is more secure than cash.
Cashing a Western Union money order is as easy as checks. Sometimes even easier. They are widely accepted too. So, if you want to cash it you can cash it within hours by going to a financial institution. However, for free cashing go to the Western Union centres.