No, UPS does not issue, sell, or cash money orders in any of its locations in the United States. However, you can use UPS to send money orders.
In case you need to send someone a money order fast but have UPS nearby then you might be thinking Does UPS do money orders?
Well, we are about to find out. In this post on Does UPS do money orders, I will answer whether UPS sells or cash money orders. If not then can you at least send a money order via UPS? Moreover, I will also answer all the relevant queries. So, stay with me.
Find out Does USPS do money orders?
Does UPS Do Money Orders?
No, UPS does not sell money orders directly. However, you can use UPS to send money orders to someone and they even accept money orders as a valid form of payment.
With over 5,452 stores, UPS is one of the largest supply chain management companies in the United States. They provide logistics services to businesses and courier, and mailing services to individuals. Their mailing and courier services are quite similar to USPS. But like USPS, UPS does not issue, sell or cash money orders. So, Why UPS does not do money orders?
Why UPS Does not Do Money Orders?
UPS does not sell money orders because they are a logistics company not a financial services company.
To issue money orders a company have to abide by financial regulations and they need license too. UPS does not have the license to operate as a financial company. Their core business is logistics and supply chain management. That’s why UPS has never sold or cashed money orders.
On the other hand, the profit margin for money orders is quite low and it’s a declining industry.
Does UPS Do Money Orders Online?
No, UPS does not do money orders online. However, you can schedule a money order or mail pickup online using UPS.
UPS does not issue or sell money orders physically let alone online. However, there is no restrictions on sending money orders by mail via UPS. So, you can purchase a money order from other issuers and send the money order via UPS. This can be done both online and offline.
Sending money orders via UPS is a convenient option. Because they have one of the fastest delivery systems and you can schedule an online pickup too. So, how do you send money orders via UPS?
Also, check Does CVS do money orders
How to Send Money Orders Via UPS
To send money orders via UPS, first get a money order from USPS, Western Union, or MoneyGram. Then sending the money order via UPS is an easy process. There are two ways to send a money order via UPS. They are
Schedule A Pickup Online
You can easily schedule your money order to be picked up online. Here is what to do
- Put your money order in an envelope and seal it.
- Visit the UPS website and log into your account. If you don’t have one then open an account.
- Click on Schedule a Pickup.
- Select the type of pickup you want to schedule. For money orders, it would be mail.
- Enter the details of your shipment, such as the weight and dimensions of your packages.
- Enter the date and time for your pickup.
- Enter the pickup address.
- Select a delivery mode and view your payment option. You can also choose cash on delivery so the receiver will pay for the shipping.
- Review your information, hit submit, and print the label.
- Now attach the label to the envelope with glue.
- Lastly, label your envelope as a money order.
For this method to work you will require a printer and internet connection. Keep in mind that, UPS does not accept money orders, checks, or cashier’s checks without proper labels. So, if you don’t label your envelope then there is a chance that it might get rejected.
Moreover, you can also drop the envelope in a UPS mailbox location and UPS will collect and deliver it.
Go to a UPS location
In case you find scheduling a pickup method difficult then you can do it the old-fashioned way. Here is what to do
- Go to your nearest UPS store with the money order. If you can’t find one use the UPS store near me store locator.
- After going to a store tell the staff you want to send a money order.
- They will ask the details like the receiver’s name, address, and your name and address.
- After providing all the details they will print a label and attach it to your envelope.
- Lastly, select a payment method and pay for the shipping or choose cash on delivery.
UPS will provide you with a slip that contains your package tracking number. You can use the tracking number to track the status of your mail.
By now we have found the answer to, does ups do money orders? Now let’s look at some of the related queries.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions related to this topic.
Does UPS insure money orders?
No, UPS does not insure money orders. According to UPS policy, UPS will accept any properly labeled money orders, checks, cashier’s checks, and other non-negotiable documents with monetary value at the shipper’s risk.
Can Money Orders be Delivered?
Yes, money orders can be easily delivered. Almost all mailing companies deliver money orders. You just need to purchase the money order and then go to the mailing company. In case you want to do it from one place then go to USPS. Purchase a money order then mail it to the receiver’s address.
How do I fill out a UPS money order?
As UPS does not sell or issue money orders you can not fill out a UPS money order. However, if you want to send the money order with UPS then you don’t need to fill anything just go to a UPS store and tell the delivery details and the staff will take care of the rest.
Although, you can not purchase or cash money orders from UPS. But you can use UPS to safely deliver your money order to the receiver in a fast way. You just need to properly label the money order envelope.