You can get Amscot Money orders for free from any Amscot location within the United States.
If you are looking for a money order for free then Amscot money orders can be a great choice. Because they are completely free to purchase and have higher limits too. So, how can you get Amscot Money orders?
Well, we are about to find out. In this article, I will provide a comprehensive guideline on Amscot Money orders. Moreover, I will also answer all the relevant queries. So, stay with me till the end.
Find out Who has the cheapest money orders.
Does Amscot Do Money Orders?
Yes, Amscot does sell both domestic and international money orders all over the United.
The best thing about Amscot money orders is that they are always FREE to purchase. You only pay the face value of the money order. However, cashing it can cost some fees. So, it’s better for the payer.
On the other hand, Amscot money orders are quite popular. So, almost everyone accepts it as payment and you can easily cash them too. To avoid fees you can deposit them in your bank account. So what are the Amscot requirements?
Amscot Money Order Policy
Here are the Amscot Money orders policy and requirements
- You will require a valid Government-issued ID card to purchase Amscot Money orders. They might also ask for your phone number and address.
- There are no fees for purchase however there is a fee for cashing it at Amscot locations.
- You must be 18 or older to get a money order from Amscot.
- You can pay for the money order with cash and debit card only. Credit cards and checks are not allowed.
- Lost, stolen, or uncashed money orders can be refunded but there is an upfront non-refundable fee.
- Only uncashed money orders are eligible for a refund
- Only the purchaser can request a refund.
- Money orders with signs of alteration will not be refunded.
- Amscot will start charging a $2 service charge for each month if the money order is not cashed within 1 year of purchase.
These are some of the must-follow requirements for Amscot Money orders. Now let’s look at How to get Amscot Money Orders
How to get Amscot Money Orders
Getting Amscot Money Orders is one of the easiest. Here is how you can get it
- Go to an Amscot store
- Ask for a money order mentioning the amount.
- Fill out your money order in front of the staff.
- Pay the money order amount.
- Lastly, receive your money order and preserve the receipt.
That’s how simple it is. But How do you fill out an Amscot Money order?
How To Fill Out Amscot Money Orders
Here is how you can easily fill out Amscot Money orders
- First, fill out the Pay In The Order of Section by correctly writing the name of the recipient.
- Then on the second row write your name.
- Lastly, sign the money order in the sender’s signature section.
So, how much does it cost for an Amscot Money order?
Amscot Money Order Fees
Although Amscot does not charge any fees for purchasing the money order. However, there are other fees associated with it. Here is a chart for the Amscot money order fees
|Purchasing Money Orders
|Cashing Money Orders
|Uncashed For More Than 1 Year
In case you want to avoid the cashing fees then deposit your Amscot money order at your bank. So, what about the Amscot money order limit?
Amscot Money Order Limit
A Great thing about Amscot money orders is their limit. They have one of the highest money order limits within the United States. Amscot issues money orders as high as $1,500. No other money order issuers issue money orders as high as Amscot. Moreover, you can purchase multiple money orders from Amscot that too for free.
However, in case you cross the $3,000 mark then Amscot will ask for your Social Security Number. But can you track an Amscot money order?
Amscot Money Order Tracking
Amscot does not offer online money order tracking. However, you can call and find out about your money order status. On the call, you just need to provide the
- 10 Digit Money Order serial number
- Money Order Amount
- Issue Date
- Location of purchase
- Your name.
Then an Amscot representative will tell you whether your money order was cashed or not, if cashed then where and when? But which number to call?
Amscot Money Orders Phone Number
The Amscot money order phone number is 1-800-801-4444. It’s an automated line. So, have the option to track it via automated voice or talk to a customer service representative directly. Customer representatives are only available from 8 AM to 6 PM, Monday to Saturday.
Amscot Money Order Refund
Getting an Amscot money order can be time-consuming and it will cost you some bucks. However, it’s not a difficult task at all. Here is what you need to do to claim an Amscot Money Order Refund
- Download the Claim form from the Amscot Money Order Calim page.
- Print and fill the form out with the correct information.
- Then send the money order to this address- Amscot Money Order Company. PO Box 25137. Tampa, FL 33622-5137.
- You can choose to pay the $12.00 fee via a money order debit card.
Keep in mind that, the money order refund processing fee is non-refundable. So, only claim the refund if you have all the required information.
On the other hand, refund processing can take 30-45 days. However, Amscot suggests you wait for at least 60 days.
By now we have found out most of the things about Amscot Money orders. Now let’s look at some of the related queries.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions related to this topic.
Can You Get Amscot Money Orders Online?
No, Amscot does not issue money orders online. So, you need to go to an Amscot store to get a money order.
Where Can I Cash An Amscot Money Order?
You can visit an Amscot store to cash an Amscot Money order. However, it will cost you a 1.5% fee for the money order. You can also choose to cash it at a check-cashing store. But if you want to cash it for free then depositing it to your bank is the best option.
Does Amscot Do International Money Orders?
Yes, Amscot sells International money orders. However, the limit for International money orders is $700. Before sending an Amscot International money order please make sure the receiver country has options for cashing it.
Amscot money orders are a great choice if you want to avoid fees. The receiver can also cash them for free by depositing it into a bank account. However, make sure the money order is not uncashed for 1 year. Because Amscot uncashed money order processing fees are quite high.